"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

Friday, May 2, 2014

Fit Fashion Friday: Fancy Hats & Fitness

Happy Derby Weekend All!

I will be honest in saying I've never paid any attention to horse races until last year. Even now, by paying attention, I really mean; I have a clue on when they are and that they involve drinking cocktails, gambling and my favorite - fancy hats!

As far as gambling goes: I tried it last year at Preakness in Baltimore, lost $2.00 and was all set. It is a big part of the "thrill of the sport" for those that are into it. The whole ordeal is a spectacle, there are people from ALL walks of life who do the races up from one extreme to another. From cut off's and corn dogs in the infield (where we were), to fancy hats and hors d'oeuvres in the suites (where we were dressed for). It's quite a culture!

The horses are beautiful, with awesome names and the Jockey's are pretty amazing too. There had to be a distinct connection and trust between the two of them to do what they do, and I think how that works is really cool. 

This weekend kicks off the Triple Crown, which is basically the 3 big horse races; Kentucky Derby, Preakness & The Belmont. That is 3 events you can go to, watch and participate in festivities for while wearing a fancy, floppy hat. 

Per my recommendation, please do so!

Especially do so for me, since I am in crunch time training mode for my half marathon, which happens to be on the same day as The Preakness this year. Oh, and during Derby Day tomorrow, I will be lifting and doing a hill workout. OYE.

The Triple Crown is not a total bust for me though, thanks to my favorite Yoga spot/ Activewear line. Zweetsport is hosting a "Let's Get Down & Derby" event tonight with specials on yoga packages, clothing and it is rumored that I will get to have my first mint julep! I'm excited.

How are you kicking off the Triple Crown! Show me your fancy hats & fitness fun!

I am about an hour to my first mint julep and exactly 16 days til my first half marathon! Much to do on this #FitFashionFriday !





1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. This is a very good blog on Bfitness jockey. I would like to thank you for all the information you give. Its really important to choose the best Best Whey for women. So thanks for the information you give.

    ReplyDelete