"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Too Fit Tunes: Tooms

Too Fit Tunes will highlight some of the tunes and music with which I connect, for working out, winding down and everything in between. Here's the first one, and it's extra special.

I have a younger brother, and he is a rock star. His name is Michael, but we call him Tooms.

Tooms authentically creates his music, and the tunes rock. Yes, I'm a biased sister, but I would dig these songs even if the bro didn't create them. Everything that goes into each one is done by Tooms -down to playing every instrument and syncing it with his own original lyrics and vocals. Hearing his song creations and seeing him perform is beyond amazing. For those close to Tooms, both experiences have revealed a side that no one knew existed - but a side with which all have fallen in love..

The first time he performed, we all held our breath as the quiet, introverted kid we knew stepped on stage in front of a large crowd. He grabbed the mic and told the audience, "You all look beautiful!" Then he jammed into his first track. As Tooms rocked his gig and fed off the crowd, I jumped around in the front row in a state of dazed shock and awe at my brother. 

"Who is this kid?" was the common question from those of us who knew him well (or so we thought). We had been completely blown away. The high he felt was radiant and was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my brother. This happens every time he plays at both large and small venues, and even when I'd have him pull out his guitar for my friends and me. As a proud sister, when I lived at home, I fan-girled it out at many of his shows, as often as I could. 

Living a couple hundred miles away makes that stuff a little more difficult now, so you can imagine that something such as a new track release gets me very excited. Today, Tooms released a new and improved version of my FAVORITE song of his - also his first song ever.




The original version of this song was the first of my brother’s that I'd ever heard. I remember putting on the headphones and saying, "Hey, bud, I think this is just the radio." Tooms took the headphones, listened and said, "Nope, that’s me." My jaw dropped, and I had tears as I took in a side of my brother I had never known before. Since then, it has been my favorite Tooms tune!


I'm not sure it is possible for you all to enjoy it as much as I do, but give it a try :-)

Mike Toomey Music Facebook Page


#TooFitTunes

Know a rockstar? Send their stuff my way so I can check them out! 

1 comment: