"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It Tastes Like a Milkshake

And I'm sold. It's the inner fat kid in me.

Something that is clean and healthy but tastes like something we usually have to save for our "cheat days" is the best thing ever. Finding gems like these remind us that it really isn't "that hard" to do this whole living and eating well thing.

Good news, I found another one! 

This recipe for a Green Vanilla Almond Post Workout Shake from Shape.com, claimed to taste just like vanilla milkshake. So I decided it would be appropriate to try for breakfast, naturally. 


I modified the recipe due to the fact that I wasn't having it after a workout and I didn't have some of the ingredients. My version turned out DELICIOUS, so I can only imagine how tasty the original is.

(I am a big advocate for subbing out or trying different ingredients in clean recipes. Don't discount a recipe because it has something in it you don't like or have immediately accessible. Sub it out, change up the recipe a bit and get creative. You'd be surprised what you can make work! Thats 50% the fun of clean eating...you know what the other 50% is right? - EATING!!)

Here is my version:
  • 1 cup of Vanilla or Original Almond Milk (Sweetened/Unsweetened=your preference)
  • 1 banana
  • 2 Tbsp. of almond butter
  • 1 Tsp. of vanilla extract.
  • 2 cups of baby spinach
  • Add a scoop of protein powder if after workout
  • 2-3 Ice Cubes
Blend, enjoy and be ready to be full for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment