"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Too Fit Fix For A Sweet Tooth...It Exists!

For those of us who have a sweet tooth, we know it can put even the most disciplined eater into a  panic.

For those of you who do not have a sweet tooth (I can't say us, because I'm not included in this group.), well, I think you're full of it.
This fabulous find by my girl Al will please both groups with how delicious and guilt-free this treat is! She forwarded me this message from the Humbled Homemaker, a fantastic site for recipes and healthy and all-around natural living (love that). Just like me, Al loves to eat like a fat kid while looking and feeling like a total "smokeshow." She knew a recipe like this would excite me.
As many people are, I am skeptical when I see recipes for healthy alternatives to tasty yet unhealthy treats, especially my sweets. This one, though, passes the test- even with my sweet tooth as a tough critic.
Oh, and it's SUPER easy to throw together.

Here is my ever so slightly modified version of Protein Peanut Butter Cups. Click here for the original.
1.     4 tablespoons of melted extra virgin coconut oil
2.    1/2 cup of melted all-natural peanut butter.
3.    1/4 cup of cocoa powder
4.    1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
5.    1 scoop of vanilla/chocolate protein powder (Chocolate makes these have a super sweet and dark chocolate taste. If you dig it, go for it. I personally like the vanilla.)
Mix everything, and pour mixture into cupcake tins, with or without liners (the liners obviously make it easier to remove from pan and eat). Place in the freezer for 15-25 minutes, and they're ready!

NOTE: Try not to keep these guys out of the freezer/fridge for too long, because they do melt! Also, eat somewhere that licking your fingers is appropriate, and have a napkin handy!

These are gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and packed with protein! I see zero negatives here. Enjoy yourself, or share a cup or two with a pal- if you’re really, really nice!

Got to love a “Too Fit” sweet tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment