"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Weekly Flu Shot That "Actually Doesn't Suck"

I've never had a flu shot.

And I'm usually pretty healthy (knock on wood). So, when I do get sick I turn into a big baby, a huge baby actually, I'm even worse than some men when sick...yes that bad. It literally pisses me off, I think of how fun and busy my life is and how I don't have time for this crap. 

Taking Dayquil, Nyquil and Benadryl can do the trick but I feel like they just mask your symptoms and make you groggy. I want something that will actually make me feel better naturally and fairly quickly. I'm impatient.

A friend of mine reposted this from @factsofhealth on Instagram. It was time for a house call from Dr.Earth and my boyfriend whipped this up pretty easy.

The only tricky part is that you have to gradually add the ingredients and blend them because they didn't all fit in our (pretty standard sized) blender. Also, add some water! This recipe made about 3 large smoothies. I drank one and then we kept the leftovers in the fridge and it stayed good for the next 2 days, it didn't separate or get gross like some smoothies do. You can add ice and re-blend if needed.



Don't be deceived by the Green color. Nick (boyfriend) brought it over to me with the look of "I don't think you're going to like this" on his face, and I was a bit skeptical myself. I was SO pleasantly surprised though, it was delicious! Nick's reaction was similar: "Wow, it actually doesn't suck!"

Better yet, it definitely contributed to me feeling better by the end of the weekend. I decided I want to try to make a batch or so once a week, for a quick breakfast or healthy snack - it's that good!

This is the only flu shot I see in my future. Thanks to Dr. Earth and Dr. Nick!!

2 comments:

  1. I substituted apples for pears and it was really yummie! :-) Thanks La!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great! Glad to hear a tasty modification!

    ReplyDelete