"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

Friday, February 21, 2014

Fit Fashion Friday: 10K Highlight

I shop for sneakers in the kids section.

Shamelessly, I might add. I usually like the styles better. They're more fun. I totally believe in doing anything you can to make running or any type of working out more fun! Also, the lower price is nice too. You're probably thinking that I must have teeny tiny feet, not the case. Women's sizes 7.5 - 8 = sizes 6 - 7 in kids sizes. And there you have it. I actually don't remember the last pair of kicks I bought from the women's section.

My new running shoes are no exception, although they are definitely my most outrageous pair. Therefore making them my favorite to date. These new kicks got some great attention at the race Sunday, and I have developed a new, deeper love for them. Not because of the other racers/spectators saying they liked them and remembered seeing them on the course. And not even because they carried me through my first 10k. Simply because this beautiful little peanut named Addison had the same pair.

It made my day to feel a little tap on my leg, and turn around to see her sticking out her shoe and saying "I like your sneakers." My heart smiled. 
Our sneakers match but she very clearly takes the cake with her hot pink outfit and rainbow tights. Addison was there enthusiastically rooting for her Dad who ran the 10k and she was a glowing little girl.

Waiting 6 days to share this was difficult. This encounter was surely one of the cutest I have had in a very long time. It was refreshing to have an "Aw Moment" like this, and it was too good not to share.

Happy Friday everyone! Have a "Too Fit" weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment