"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

Friday, February 14, 2014

Cheating: It's ok, even on Valentines Day...

Last night around 8pm, I was tempted...

I had been doing really well lately and been very happy with how things are going. But this morning, without much thought or hesitation...I cheated. And I will probably cheat again tonight. After all, nothing says romance like cheating right? I have no remorse.


All I wanted was a damn piece of chocolate! (Gosh, what did you think?)
I don't crave sweets much but I think my female body is now programmed to expect chocolate around February 14th. So, I had one. Not even the kind that typically ends up in the office on holidays and you just eat it because "its there". I went out of my way tfor a Lindt milk chocolate truffle. It was delicious, and the fact that I knew I was cheating did not change that one bit.

Tomorrow, I will go back to sticking to my clean eating ways until the next cheat comes along. Although they are not frequent, cheats do and will continue to exist.

My point here is this: it's OK to cheat, it's actually good! The way you eat shouldn't be tailored to a specific rigid diet, it should be to your lifestyle. Of course discipline is important here (I didn't go get a dozen truffles and eat them in one sitting) but so is having the ability to treat yourself! 

Especially on days like today, where "love is in the air", I hope you all take a moment to treat yourself. The best and "Too Fit" love we have is for ourselves...and chocolate.

Happy Valentines Day! 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Wait but what happens when I ate a whole bag of chocolates... is that still cheating, or is that sabotage? Do I want you to answer that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you do - but you ask that question cause you miiiiight just already know the answer ;-) Keep the treats. treats. Don't binge, just enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete