"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

"Standing on top of the world, for a little while"

Friday, March 28, 2014

Fit Friday Fashion: "Favorite" Spotlight #2

So, I'm not as much of a girly girl as I'd like to be, although I do try. I put together some outfits that result in serious side eye action from my friends, and I like cigars a lot.

Needless to say, I haven't been into following fashion blogs. That is, until I had the privilege of meeting this lovely lady, Nicole Allio, and learned of her fashion blog A Dash of Gold. One of our initial encounters was at an all girls Christmas party, with a grab gift activity where all of the gifts had to be under 5$. This gals gift stole the show, a tube of red lipstick. Similar to that lipstick, A Dash of Gold has become one of the most practical, yet brilliant staples in my life. 


http://www.adashofgold.com/
The posts here, brighten your day with a fun story about a day in the life of this  "DC Transplant" from  SF, and give simple tips on spffiy-ing up yourself, and your life.

For the ladies - this blog, will hit home with you one way or another. It's creative, genuine and you are sure to fall in love with Nicole.
For the gentlemen - this blog may not be that relatable, but is has great tips around the holidays ::cough:: gift ideas ::cough::. You will definitely gain more appreciation for the well dressed ladies in the world and additionally, you are also sure to fall in love with Nicole. (Sorry, she's taken.)

What I appreciate most about A Dash of Gold is that the ideas, tips and outfits are all DO-ABLE. Even for the average, not so girly girl and for anyone on a budget. Nicole has a life, a great one, a busy one, beyond her blog, and she shares how she lives it in style. The fact that living, is not living if you're not doing so fashionably radiates throughout this blog. 

For this weeks Fit Fashion Friday, I am elated to spotlight my girl friend's fantastic work with A Dash of Gold

If you've been following along with La Too Fit and enjoying it, join me in thanking Nicole for inspiring me to get it going! She put the "blog bug" in my ear & I couldn't be happier to have such a fantastic blogger role model, and soon to be running buddy!






No comments:

Post a Comment